Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Here, at last!

GREETINGS! The concept for this little blog of mine began dancing around in my head not long after discovering I was pregnant. As a soon-to-be new mother, with not a lot of recent hands-on experience around children, I found myself in dire need of information. So I’d spend those moments when I didn’t feel…well…BLEH…reading everything from parenting blogs and magazines, to the oh, so wonderful What To Expect When You’re Expecting. So, when my son Liam (aka, "The Little Prince") was born last December, I felt armed with a wealth of resources and reasonably equipped to cope. BOY, was I WRONG!!




Now, I know many of you seasoned parents will laugh out loud at me on that one. Don’t worry, I’m laughing too! The fact is, no matter how much you think you know, becoming a parent throws you for a loop and the best way to learn is on the job. Anyway, as I mentioned earlier, I’ve been wanting to share my experiences as a new mother for some time, but adjusting to life in a new country, with a new husband and a new baby has been quite the odyssey. Anyway, better late than never. I’m here and ready to share! Thank you for taking the time to visit my little space.

Let me reiterate that purpose of this blog is solely to share my experiences with you. Feel free to share yours as well if you'd like. I'll even post links to articles I think are relevant to topics discussed. But I do not purport myself to be an expert. So, if you happen to read something that is contrary to what you may know or have done, don’t shoot me…please!

No comments:

Post a Comment